Been waiting for details on "The Biggest Loser" line-up for fall? On September 4, NBC ended the suspense by rolling out the inside scoop, reported TV By the Numbers. Among the highlights: Former "American Idol" Ruben Studdard will participate as the show's first celebrity player, which will premiere October 8, 8 pm to 9 pm.
In addition to Ruben, 14 contestants will vie for a piece of the big dollar prize, all under the tutelage of trainers Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels and Dolvett Quince. Alison Sweeney returns as the host for the show, which has guided contestants to a total loss of more than 26,600 pounds during the 14 seasons. Although the general format remains the same (players diet, exercise, cry and vie), new elements include:
- The three trainers participated in casting session to choose the players.
- During the season, each trainer will have one "trainer save," which enables a participant to be saved from going home.
Ruben is the show's heaviest contestant this year, topping the scales at 462 pounds. Other stand-out participants include:
- David Brown, whose first wife died of cancer and wants to be there for his daughters
- Tanya Winfield, a single mother addicted to food
- Olympic weight lifter Holley Mangold, who plans to participate in the 2016 Olympics
- Matt Hooper, who delayed his wedding in order to be on the show