Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Okla., will be the site for a potential Western Conference Finals preview between the Spurs and the Thunder, which will be streaming live and free online at the same TV start time of 8 p.m. EST (7 p.m. CST/6 p.m. MST/5 p.m. PST) on TNT Sports.
According to an April 3, 2014 NBA report, this will not only be a battle of the conference’s top two teams, but it will also be a contest in which the (54-19) Oklahoma City Thunder could end the (59-16) San Antonio Spurs’ 19-game win streak.
For the Spurs, even though Gregg Popovich’s team has been cruising as of late, the fact that they come in losers of four straight against the Thunder and six in a row in OKC is serious cause for concern.
“We talk about that internally and we’ll try to figure out what we want to do,” he said when asked what his team would do differently to try and clinch the conference’s No.1 spot. “I'm not going to discuss in a group outside of our guys.”
For OKC, trailing San Antonio by 5 games with 6 to play makes it almost impossible to catch the defending Western Conference champs in the standings. Nevertheless, that won’t stop MVP frontrunner Kevin Durant and head coach Scott Brooks from trying to send them a message.
“It’s important to get the work in, but it’s also important to rest,” coach Brooks said. “Most coaches like me want to keep practicing and doing drills and scrimmaging and special situations. You also have to rest the body and the mind and our players understand that we have to utilize all of our days.”
What can NBA fans expect to see when they tune in or live stream tonight’s NBA schedule 2014 game this evening? If NBA oddsmakers are correct, this will be nothing short of a dogfight between two clubs no wanting to give an inch.
The latest Las Vegas points spreads show that less than four points separate the Thunder and the Spurs in the ATS betting department. According to the experts, OKC [-3½] is favored by just under two buckets against San Antonio [+3½], and the OVER/UNDER is set at a combined total of 208 points.
NBA Betting Activity Before NBA on TNT TV Game Time
- Spurs spread: 51 percent.
- Thunder spread: 49 percent.
- OVER wagers: 62 percent.
- UNDER wagers: 38 percent.
NBA Trends Before TNT Overtime Free Live Stream Online
- UNDER is 7-0 in Spurs last 7 games following a ATS win.
- UNDER is 6-0 in Spurs last 6 games following a straight-up win of more than 10 points.
- UNDER is 4-0 in Spurs last 4 games vs. a team with a winning percentage above .600.
- UNDER is 4-0 in Thunder last 4 home games versus a team with a road winning percentage of greater than .600.
- Thunder are 6-1-2 ATS in their last 9 home games.
- UNDER is 5-1 in Thunder last 6 home games versus a team with a winning road record.
- Spurs are 0-6 ATS in the last 6 meetings in Oklahoma City.
- Spurs are 1-9-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings.
- UNDER is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.