According to a Jan. 23, 2014 SBN report, American Airlines Arena will be the site for tonight’s NBA schedule 2014 showdown between the Lakers vs. Heat, which will be televised on TNT and live streaming online free on TNT-Overtime. Opening (TV schedule) tipoff is slated for 8:10 p.m. EST (7:10 p.m. CST/6:10 p.m. MST/5:10 p.m. PST) from Miami, Fla., and is part of TNT’s Thursday night NBA double-header.
Turner Sports’ TV coverage gets underway following NBA Tip-Off hosted by Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith, Shaquille O’Neal and Charles Barkley.
The TNT-Overtime free live stream, which commences at the top of hour, gives NBA basketball fans the ability to watch various camera angles and even follow their favorite players in real time.
As far as the game itself is concerned, the absence of Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash pretty much takes the starch out of it. On one hand, there’s the defending NBA champion (30-12) Miami Heat running away with the division thanks in part to a 17-3 home record.
LeBron James & Co. welcomes a (16-26) Los Angeles Lakers team occupying the fourth spot in the division, sitting in 13th place in the Western Conference, and are just 8-15 away from Staples Center.
Thus, it comes as no surprise that NBA oddsmakers and ATS experts predict this game will be decided by double-digits. Moments removed from NBA schedule 2014 kickoff, -11 points favor Miami versus the Purple and Gold [+11], and the OVER/UNDER is set at a combined total of 209½ points.
ATS Analysis Prior to TV Schedule Game Time
- Los Angeles spread: 49 percent (754 wagers).
- Miami spread: 51 percent (775 wagers).
- OVER: 49 percent (601 wagers).
- UNDER: 51 percent (638 wagers).
Trends Prior to Free TNT Live Stream Online
- Over is 5-0 in Lakers last 5 games following an against-the-spread win.
- Over is 4-0 in Lakers last 4 after scoring 100 points or more.
- Over is 5-0 in Lakers last 5 after allowing 100 points or more.
- Heat are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 Thursday games.
- Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Over is 8-2 in Heat last 10 when their opponent allows 100 points or more.
- Lakers are 0-5 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Miami.
- Under is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings.
- Lakers are 2-9 ATS in the last 11 meetings.
The last time they met in Los Angeles, the Lakers surprised everyone by playing hard and keeping things close in the fourth quarter. Can Pau Gasol lead the Kobe-less Lakers to what would be nothing short of a huge NBA schedule 2014 upset?
Don't miss TNT's national TV broadcast of the Los Angeles Lakers and the Miami Heat. Tune to Turner Sports at the aforementioned start time, or simply click on the (Internet) link provided above to watch TNT-OT's free live stream online game.