"Who rules the NBA's Eastern Conference," asks a March 26, 2014 ESPN report. Tonight, the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers will state their case, as they meet in a live streaming (online) scheduled game that will be televised on ESPN at a start time of 8:10 p.m. EST (7:10 p.m. CST/6:10 p.m. MST/5:10 p.m. PST).
Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Ind., will be the site for the third meeting of the season between these bitter rivals. As stated above, ESPN will be handling broadcasting TV duties in this one, while Watch-ESPN will stream the action live through a free (Internet) feed.
For the visiting (48-21, Road: 20-15) Miami Heat, Erik Spoelstra & Co. come into this game sitting in second place in the Eastern Conference playoff standings. Bitten by the injury bug as of late, the 2-time defending NBA champs find themselves trailing Indy by two games in the race for home-court (East) advantage.
For the hosting (51-20, Home: 32-4) Indiana Pacers, Frank Vogel will try and steer the ship in the right direction against the hated Heat this evening. Indy comes in losers of two straight, and have dropped 5 of their last 10 games.
The Pacers' woes have left the door wide open for Miami to walk through and take control of the conferences top seed. And while a win tonight on the road would be a huge step in that direction, LeBron James and his squad will have to defy the odds in order to get it done.
Shortly before tipoff, NBA schedule 2014 oddsmakers give the Indiana Pacers [+2] the edge by a single (against-the-spread) bucket over the Miami Heat [-2] this evening. The OVER/UNDER is set at a combined total of 188 points, and alternate money lines have Miami valued at +112 ML and Indiana at -122.
ATS Action Prior to ESPN Scheduled Game Time
- Miami spread: 46 percent (371 units).
- Indiana spread: 54 percent (443 units).
- OVER wagers: 45 percent (258 units).
- UNDER wagers: 55 percent (320 units).
Trends Prior to Watch-ESPN Free Live Streaming Online Feed
- Heat is 2-5 in its last 7 ATS games playing on 1 days rest.
- Heat is 1-4 in its last 5 ATS games versus Eastern Conference opponents.
- Heat is 0-6 in their last 6 ATS road games.
- Pacers are 6-20-1 ATS in their last 27 games overall.
- Pacers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games versus teams with winning percentage above .600.
- Pacers are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 games following an ATS loss.