The menu for the 2013 NBA All-Star Game highlights authentic Texan cuisine, with a fiery assortment of southwest flavors for fans to enjoy, courtesy of Rockets’celebrity Executive Chef Eddie Romero and his All-Star celebrity chef friends, according to an exclusive email from Patterson & Murphy Public Relations dated Feb. 14.
The 2013 NBA All-Star menu will include slow-cooked barbecue, fresh and savory seafood straight from the Gulf, as well some lively Tex Mex dishes. There will be something for everyone at the NBA’s biggest night, from lobster to a candy kiosk. The All-Star menu that Rockets’ Chef Romero has created proves that everything is bigger in the Lone Star State.
What will fans dine on at the 2013 NBA All-Star Game this weekend? The mouth-watering menu includes:
- Bacardi Limon Gulf Shrimp &Lobster Ceviche: Chunks of sweet lobster and poached gulf shrimp in cocktail sauce with diced tomatoes , drizzled with Bacardi Limon and topped with crispy tortillas
- BBQ Brisket Stack: Slab of sweet corn bread, slow smoked brisket, spicy homemade BBQ sauce, topped with creamy jalapeno cilantro slaw
- Giant Texas Cheese Steak: Topped with red jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, BBQ aioli and homemade BBQ Potato chips
- Pan-Seared Gulf Shrimp Tacos: Warm corn tortillas, chile de arbol sauce and scallion jalapeno slaw
- Short Rib Nachos: Short ribs smoked for 17-hours, sharp cheddar , fresco and jack cheeses with fresh jalapenos, caramelized onions, tomatoes and pepperoncini
- Super Nacho Surf N’ Turf: Big enough for two and topped with lobster and ribeye Texas Chili, homemade seafood bisque cheese sauce, sour cream, cilantro crème and green onions
- Texas BBQ Bacon Foot-Long Hot Dog: Foot-long dog with avocado Pico, smoked bacon and pickled candied jalapenos
- Candy Shoppe: Nostalgic candy available by the quarter pound, and frothy, delectable root beer floats
The Cantina serving up:
- Homemade Green Chicken Tamales: Salsa roja, sour cream, queso fresco , cilantro and blue corn tortilla hay
- Texas Steak Chili Bowl: Rustic bread bowl, sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese and chives
- Craft beers from Mexico and Texas: Corona, Dos XX, Indio and Modelo from Mexico; Lone Star, Rahr and Sons, Shiner and Seigenbock from Texas
- Hand-Shaken Margaritas: Watermelon Rita and traditional lime
Stand 115 will featuring Houston’s biggest culinary All-Stars preparing the dishes that made them famous:
Chef Hugo Ortega’s Chile Relleno: Stuffed poblano pepper with roasted chicken and asadero cheese, topped with pipián verde and served with arroz Mexicano
Chef Chris Shepherd’s Famous Pork Belly: Slow-roasted pork belly, steamed buns with hoisin sauce and cucumber salad
Executive Chef Romero ‘s Seared Scallops: Iron skillet seared scallops, sweet corn bread, with cascabel cream and molasses reduction
Fans are in for quite a treat of mouth-watering, delicious, amazing food prepared by some of the best chef of Levy Restaurants. Levy Restaurants, founded in Chicago in 1978, is recognized as one of America’s fastest growing and most critically acclaimed restaurant companies, and is the leader in premium sports and entertainment dining. Levy was recently named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports in the world by Fast Company magazine. The company’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants such as James Beard Award-winning Spiaggia in Chicago, Fulton’s Crab House, Portobello and Wolfgang Puck Grand Café at Walt Disney World Resort, renowned sports and entertainment venues like Churchill Downs in Louisville, STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and American Airlines Arena in Miami, and events including the Super Bowl, World Series, U. S. Open, Kentucky Derby, NHL and NBA All-Star Games and the GRAMMY® Awards. For details, visit Levy Restaurants.
Subscribe to Rachael Monaco’s other columns: Buffalo City Guide Examiner, Buffalo Celebrity Examiner, Buffalo Pop Culture Examiner, Buffalo Reality TV Examiner, Buffalo Top News Examiner, Buffalo Political Buzz Examiner, Soap Opera Examiner, Buffalo Cooking Examiner and Buffalo Frugal Living Examiner.