Nasoya isn’t just tofu. The company has a new product that can be used in place of mayonnaise. Nayonaise is vegan, eggless and gluten free, making it a great substitute to mayo for people with dietary restrictions. It is made from expeller pressed oil and is a good source of vitamin B12. It is also a great product for those trying to lose weight, as it has just 40 calories per a serving compared to 90 in traditional mayonnaise.
Nayonaise is available in original and whipped varieties. The smooth and creamy texture is perfect for spreading on sandwiches or using in dishes such as potato or macaroni salad. The whipped version is great for dishes that would benefit from a little tang, such as salad dressings and dips.
Use Nayonaise in recipes calling for traditional mayonnaise. Here are two recipes to get you started. Let us know what you think in the comment section below. Enjoy!
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Potato Salad
- 2 tbsp Nayonaise
- 10 red potatoes, small, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small food chopper or processor, combine basil, oil, and pine nuts. Process until a thick pesto paste has formed. Add more oil as needed to get things moving in the processor.
- Set your pesto aside and start working on your potatoes. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in cubed potatoes and cook until slightly tender. Drain and rinse with COLD water. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tbsp of your pesto mixture, the Nayonaise and sundried tomatoes. Stir until mixed thoroughly. Add to cold potatoes and stir again so the mixture enrobes every spud. Add salt and pepper to your liking, garnish with some extra sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve chilled.
- 2 tbsp Nayo Whipped
- 1 (19 ounce) can of chickpeas, drained
- Fresh Dill
- Celery, chopped
- Green Onion, chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Use a food processor or potato masher to break up the chickpeas until they are crumbled. Do NOT over process.
- Add in chopped celery, onions and pieces of fresh dill.
- Mix in the Nayo Whipped, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled.