© Pilar Echeverria | Dreamstime.com
According to McGill University student survey, 86% of people would like to improve their diet--make it more healthconsciouss and natural. One of the best and easiest ways to do that without drastically changing your diet is choosing healthy snacks. So, put down that packet of chips and pick up one of the following power-foods:
- Carrots: fight acne and are beneficial for eyesight.
- Bananas: stimulate serotonin (the happy hormone) production. Bananas are rich in phosphorous, which stimulates brain activity. The smell of this fruit acts as an appetite suppressorr.
- Olives: are full of essential fattyacidss that lower the "bad" cholesterol, improve skin elasticity, and normalize metabolism.
- Almonds: are rich in beneficial fats, vitamin B, and calcium. Almonds act as a mild stimulant as well as increase the mood.
- Cucumbers: possess an optimalbalancee of calcium, zinc, and proteins. Exceptional for stimulating healthy nail and hair growth. As a bonus--cucumbers are extremely low in calories.
- Rasberries: are a great source of acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), making them a natural painkiller. Some studies suggest that rasberies help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Chocolate: is full of antioxidants.Stimulatess immune system, and contains phenylephylamine--the same hormone the brain triggers when you fall in love. Make sure to choose chocolate that contains over 50% cocoa, otherwise you will not be getting much benefit from the product.
Make sure to load up on the healthy snacks that will make you happy and healthy!