The Maryland/DC area meetup will be held at Hilton at Mark Center located on 5000 Seminary Road in Alexandria, VA (purchase info below).
According to the website, the purpose of the International Hair Meet-Up day event is to allow women the opportunity to meet in their own communities while networking, sharing and meeting other women (virtually) across the country participating in meetups on the same day.
Attendees of the natural hair meetup will be able to:
- Meet other naturals in their area
- Gain exposure to natural hair product lines and companies
- Learn the process of planning and executing a natural hair meetup (event hosts)
- Meet natural hair and beauty bloggers and YouTube vloggers
- Network with other natural hair meetup organizers (event hosts)
- Discover resources, techniques, products and people that can serve as inspiration and information for the natural hair care journey
Workshops at the Lanham, MD event include, Lamik Beauty- Beauty Revealed Workshop, Sisters With Beauty - How to Manage Your Natural Hair at Home, Jamesha Bazemore - Code Natural: Deciphering Natural Hair Care in Uniform, Keianna Johnson - Natural Hair Care for Kids, Oraje Nefertum -"O"Listic Beauty From the Inside Out.
Attendees will not only take part in various educational workshops, but be able to shop from unique vendors as well as enjoy giveaways, door prizes, food and light refreshments.
INHMD is taking place internationally on May 17, 2014. Those who will not be in the DC/MD area visit the INHMD website to find an INHMD event in your area.