With the nude lip trend continuing to pop up on the runways and in the streets, those who haven't jumped on the bandwagon should reconsider. Not only are nude lips in fashion, but they are a beautiful everyday look for almost anyone, provided you find the right shade.
Nude lipsticks are to be had in any price range from Macy's to Walmart. Here are several good choices for those looking to add the subtle shades to their collections:
- Clinique High Impact Lip Colour in Nude Beach - This shade has an SPF of 15 and a subtle shine. With pink and brown undertones, this nude will work well on any skin tone. For the semi-affordable price of $14, you can pick this up at Macy's or any Clinique counter.
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick in Airy Fairy - This nude has a very pink undertone, which gives a "fleshy" look to the lips. Quite a favorite with the YouTube Beauty Community, this color seems to be very complimentary to several skin tones. This lipstick rings in at $4.78 at Walmart and can be found in almost any drug store.
- MAC Amplified Lipstick in Blankety - Another $14 lipstick, many MAC fans would agree this is one of the most popular nudes in the lipstick collection. This lighter nude, which has brown and pink undertones, can be a bit of a challenge for darker skin tones to work with, but it generally looks beautiful on girls with fair to medium skin. Since Jackson doesn't have a MAC counter, ordering this from the MAC website would be your best bet.
- Hard Candy Painted Lady Lip Color in Fire Alarm - Despite the name, this color is not a screaming fire red. It is a medium fleshy nude with a peachy undertone that is rated at Makeupalley a 4.5 out of 5, with 94% of reviewers vowing to repurchase. This lipstick can be picked up at Walmart for $6.00
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Nearly There - This pink toned shade would work best for those looking for a nude with a frost formula. While this may be too shimmery for some, those who like a bit of sparkle should enjoy this natural color, and for the price of $5.00 at Walmart, you can't go wrong.
There are currently a million colors out there to suit any skin tone and preference. Most are highly affordable and good quality, and if you're looking for a splurge lipstick, there are those as well. One thing is for sure, nudes and natural shades will be around for some time to come.