With Mother's Day behind us let's focus on the next big occasion worth celebrating National Wine Day! Americans purchased more than 768 million gallons of wine in 2013 making the United States the largest wine consuming nation in the world.
Terlato Wines International is a family wine business that brings excellent wine to millions of people around the world. Here are some good tips for enjoying a perfect glass of white wine….
Tips to sip on:
• Stemware over shapeless plastic cups - Most wine glasses are curved at the top to keep the aromas in the glass. When you take a sip, your nose dips into the glass and you start to experience the aromas as they hit your palate.
• Control the temp - White wines like Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay are best served chilled (about 45 degrees fahrenheit)
• Perfect pairings - Pinot Grigio pairs well with lighter foods like seafood and poultry. (Stay away from pairing this wine with foods that are high in acid like citrus and tomato-based sauces)
• Toast the occasion - Raise a glass of Terlato Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio and toast to family and friends on National Wine Day!
Below is a recipe from the Terlato family kitchen that pairs perfectly with Terlato Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio:
Serves a group of 8-12
24 little neck or Manila clams, cleaned
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 ounces water
2 ounces Terlato Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Bread, crispy (as accompaniment)
1.Heat olive oil in stock pot. Add red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and garlic. Lightly brown garlic, add clams, stir and keep covered for 2 minutes.
2. Add water, Terlato Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio, chopped parsley flakes and stir. Cover for 1 minute. Serve with crispy bread for dipping.
For more cocktail ideas and events click on #Drinks. Cheers and Salute!