Whether it's hidden in the back of the closet or stuffed in the darkest, deepest corners of your drawers, chances are pretty good you've got one. Heck, maybe you've got two or three of them hanging around! According to a KPTV Fox 12 report published on Dec. 20, the third Friday in December is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day and Americans are ready to celebrate! This year's annual event takes place on Dec. 20, 2013.
National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
Today, ho hum is out and loud and proud is in. It's the perfect day to surprise (stun) your friends and coworkers by donning the ugliest, most hideous or hilarious sweater in your wardrobe. And the uglier the better!
Did dear old Aunt Mildred knit you a sweater way back when? And who says you are too old for that Rudolph-themed sweater you've been hanging onto since college? Bah humbug! Why not make a day of it and have an ugly sweater contest or ugly sweater party? Some may even celebrate the day in a great big way with pub crawls (everyone may need a bit of holiday "spirit" after a day like this!)
Regardless of how you decide to celebrate the occasion, happy National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day! And speaking of special days...
- 20 Free Gingerbread House Patterns
- Holiday whiskey balls & rum balls recipes perfect for Christmas
- 25 Best Homemade Gingerbread Cookie Recipes
- Christmas Sayings: 33 Sentimental and Humorous Holiday Quotes and Toasts
- 6 Festive Christmas Punch Recipes: Christmas Cocktails to Get You in the Holiday 'Spirit'
- Best pecan pie recipes for Christmas
- Divine Christmas Eggnog Recipes
- 25 Gourmet Fruitcake Recipes
- 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes: Best Homemade Cookies for the Holidays
- 15 Christmas Cupcake Recipes for the Holidays
- Free Christmas Gift Tags
- Holiday Hazards & Dangers for Pets
- 15 Homemade Holiday Pet Treats
- Christmas Fudge
- New Year’s Eve toasts, quotes and sayings to ring in the New Year
- 20 New Year’s Eve Cocktails: Ring in the New Year with refreshing holiday cheer