With National Relaxation Day approaching on the calendar, people are looking for simple, easy ways to find a moment unwind at home. Just a few moments tucked away during a busy day can make the difference. Since every person is unique, a relaxation moment is different for each person. Still, a few suggestions on the path to relaxation can wipe away the stress and tension of every day life.
Here are three ways to unwind at home for National Relaxation Day.
Did you know that just five minutes per day can change your mood which can change your life? While a quite area can help, the right scent can help you channel relaxing thoughts. Lighting a candle or a scented wax melt can whisk you away from the trying day.
- With wax melts that have amazing scents reminiscent of vacation spots like Hawaii and the Virgin Islands from Air Wick’s National Park Collection you can bring the scents of these islands into your home.
- You can also light a candle from Diamond Candles to help create a relaxing oasis. They offer over 30 scents and are 100% soy candles; eco-friendly and natural. Plus, they have a fun, shiny surprise waiting for you inside the candle as each includes a ring valued at $10, $100, $1,000, or $5,000.
A day at the spa can be a a luxurious way to unwind. Even with a holiday for relaxation, many busy women can't sacrifice a whole day. A few at home pampering ideas can bring the relaxation to the time when you are available. A DYI facial, manicure or maybe a relaxing foot massage can make that hard day seem a little less taxing.
- Soothe your aching muscles and get your partner to give you a massage with the Weleda Body Oil Starter Kit. It offers a sampling of luscious body oils to indulge your skin and help you relax with aromatherapy that enhances your psychological and physical well-being.
- You can also try an at-home beauty mask while soaking in the tub. The Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask from First Aid Beauty leaves skin rehydrated, soft, smooth and supple. It contains colloidal oatmeal that has botanical antioxidants which are great for the skin.
Drink Up and Wind Down
A quiet moment on the couch with a glass of wine can be a peaceful moment to reflect on the day. While enjoying the moment is good for mental health, wine offers some other benefits. Wine contains antioxidants and resveratrol, which have been shown to help prevent disease and anti-aging.
- For the ultimate way to top off your relaxing day, enjoy a glass of wine, kick up your feet and relax. Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon or their Chardonnay. For the red lovers, the complex aromas and rich finish satisfy. For those preferring white, the chardonnay is slightly oak flavor with a fruity finish. A perfect drink toast a good conversation with a friend or a romantic date night.