Today, January 23 from 5-10pm, Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery is having a debut event celebrating of the much-anticipated National Pie Day, serving pies in true brewpub fashion with beer pairings.
more people will come if they think there’s punch and pie”.as Cartman on South Park says. So throughout the evening, Barren Hill Tavern will offer four crafted desserts with optional beer pairings and one pie paired with Barren Hill’s signature cocktail Barren Hill Punch.
Event: National Pie Day
Date/Time: Thursday, January 23, 2014 from 5 - 10 pm
Location: Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery
646 Germantown Pike
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
- Chocolate Cointreau Pie paired with Barren Hill Punch (brandy, port, spice)
- Shaker Lemon Pie paired with Barren Hill Belgian Golden (a golden ale balanced by hops, sweet malts, and spicy Belgian yeast)
- Frozen Banana Split Pie with Barren Hill West Coast Oats (hoppy oatmeal stout, smooth, rich roasted malts, notes of chocolate, dark fruit, hint of licorice)
- Peanut Butter Tart with DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus (a chocolate peanut butter porter)
- Rum Raisin Apple Crumb Pie with Southern Tier Pumking (a seasonal release that pairs well with desserts)