If your sweet tooth has been screaming for a little sweet treat to eat, go grab your fork! Jan. 23, 2013, is National Pie Day ! Hooray!
Created by the American Pie Council, National Pie Day (NPD) celebrates pies of all shapes, sizes and flavors. Whether you prefer your pie filled to the brim with a juicy fruit filling surrounded by a sweet and flaky crust, prefer yours with a cream filling topped with a scoop of ice cream or prefer a heaping helping of rich and decadent cheesecake, National Pie Day is one of the best days of the year for pie lovers.
In honor of the annual event, businesses across the country are celebrating by offering free slices and discounted prices on all kinds of delicious pies.
Free Slices & Reduced Prices on Pie Across America
- Bakers Square will be serving up free slices of pie - oh my! Just stop by a participating location on Jan. 23, 2013, and enjoy a free slice of pie - with any menu purchase and while supplies last. And if one slice just doesn't do the trick, get a $2 discount on an entire pie as long as you order it in the restaurant. Certain pies, cakes and specialty desserts are not included in the offer.
- Mann Orchards will be serving up free slices of their Mann Made Apple Pie all day long.
- Muddy's Bakeshop will also be handing out free slices on Jan. 23, 2013. Just stop by the booth anytime from 2 - 6:00 p.m. and enjoy one of six different varieties. Four and seven-inch pies will also be for sale.
- Participating Village Inn locations will be offering a free slice of double crust fruit, Blackberry Bavarian Bliss or French Silk pie with purchase on Jan. 23, 2013, from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Pie Rush Wednesday. Get $2 off on whole pies, too.
- Pure Michigan and Grand Traverse Pie Company will be giving away one free pie to Twitter fans every single hour between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST on Jan. 23. Just tweet your favorite type of pie to #PureMichigan and #GTPie for your chance to win!
- Emporium Pies will be serving up homemade pies all day long in honor of National Pie Day. Have a slice for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
- Barcros Baking & Catering will be offering a 25 percent discount on any order from Jan. 18 - 24, 2013.
- Lulu's Coffee and Bakehouse in Indianapolis is offering $1 slices all day long on Jan. 23, 2013.
- The Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in Louisville will also be serving up three pie specials on January 23. Buy one slice and get the second slice for half off or buy a slice a get a free scoop of homemade ice cream or buy a whole pie and get a free pint of homemade ice cream. Tough decision!
- Lauretta Jean's will be celebrating National Pie Day in a big way! Stop by from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on January 23 and enjoy great music, dancing and of course all sorts of pie including mini pie sliders, handmade pie and liquor pairings and a Pie walk!
- Pie Town U.S.A. is just wild for pie! If you happen to be in Rockland, Maine, be sure to stop by the 9th Annual Pies on Parade Tour which takes place on Jan. 27, 2013, from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. and sample more than 45 different pies! Ticket prices for adults and children are posted online.
- Eckert's Country Store and Restaurant will be serving up $1 desserts in honor of the event. Plus, if you buy a pie at regular price, get the second one for free!
Please check website for specific details. January 23 is also National Reading Day, National Handwriting Day and Measure Your Feet Day!