March is National Nutrition Month. At the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, online, parents, caregivers and teachers can find resources to share and celebrate national nutrition month with kids.
Here are some tips for eating right from the website:
1. Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
2. Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables (lots of color)
3. It is best to add whole grain breads, cereals, crackers, or pasta
4. Vary the protein choices in your weekly meals (meat, seafood, nuts, beans, poultry, or eggs)
5. Be sure all snacks are healthier choices (trail mixes, dried fruit)
At the National Nutrition Month website you can find dozens of handouts and tip sheets to share with kids. They are also available in Spanish.
Teachers, be aware that there are classroom materials on this site as well. Teaching children about food at an early age at home and at school will promote healthy knowledgeable children. It is important that parents share this information.
Find more healthy eating tips at:
Eat well! Live well!