Get ready to raise your glass, America! According to a NJ.com article published on Feb. 19, a refreshing beverage holiday is right around the corner and Americans are ready to celebrate. Feb. 22 is National Margarita Day, an annual observation that celebrates the delicious Margarita! In honor of the occasion, bars, restaurants and pubs across the country will be celebrating with a slew of fabulous Margarita Drink Deals and Tequila Specials.
Tequila is the star of the Margarita. Just add a bit of Cointreau or Triple Sec, some fresh lime juice and a salt-rimmed glass, and you've got yourself the perfect Margarita! Whether you prefer yours frozen or on the rocks, Margaritas are one of America’s most popular drinks. In fact, according to the fine folks from the official National Margarita Day website, Margaritas are the "most popular drink" in the entire world and were the highest demanded drink in 2008! After a hard day and an even longer workweek, nothing quite hits the spot like an ice-cold cocktail!
In honor of National Margarita Day, why not whip up one or two of the special Margarita cocktail recipes below?
Spicy Raspberry Margarita - According to an email from Formula PR, this pretty Margarita sounds delish!
- 1 ½ oz. el Jimador Reposado
- ½ oz. Chambord
- 1 oz. Sprite
- 2 oz. Sour mix
- 3 dashes of Tabasco
- In a shaker filled with ice, add ingredients and shake to mix.
- Pour into margarita glass rimmed with spicy salt.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Mango Scotch Bonnet Margarita - This recipe, from Tequila Herradura, sounds divine!
- 2 oz. Herradura Silver
- ¾ oz. Lime juice
- 3 Slices of Scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 ½ oz. of diced mango
- ½ oz. mango jam
- Crush mango and chili slices in the base of a shaker with a muddler.
- Add cubed ice and remaining ingredients, shake hard and strain over ice in an old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a scotch bonnet chili and a roll of dried mango.
Pineapple Margarita - According to an email from Ole Smoky Moonshine, this "fiesta in a glass" can be enjoyed on the rocks or blended.
- Equal parts Ole Smokey Moonshine Pineapple and/or Original Moonshine (omit Original if not available)
- 1 Part Lime Juice
- 1 Part Simple Syrup
- 1 Part Triple Sec, Fresh lime juice
- Combine Salt and Sugar with zest of lime for rim of glass.
- Garnish with a fresh lime and/or pineapple. Voila!
As always, please drink responsibly!