Have you heard the big news? If the winter blues have got you down-and-out and you're lookin' for something to cheer about, go grab a glass! According to a Reuters' report published on Feb. 17, a very special day is coming up and Americans are in the mood to celebrate! Feb. 22, 2014, is National Margarita Day, an annual beverage holiday that celebrates the fabulous Margarita.
Just in case you have never tried one, tequila happens to be the star of this delicious drink. Just add a bit of Cointreau or Triple Sec, some fresh lime juice and a salt-rimmed glass, and you've got yourself the perfect Margarita!
After a hard day and an even longer workweek, nothing quite hits the spot like an ice-cold cocktail! Whether you prefer yours frozen or on the rocks, Margaritas are one of America’s most popular drinks. In fact, according to the fine folks from the official National Margarita Day website, Margaritas are the "most popular drink" in the entire world and were the highest demanded drink in 2008!
In honor of National Margarita Day, some restaurants, bars and establishments across America will be celebrating by offering deep discounts and drink deals on delicious Margaritas! Being able to enjoy a fabulous cocktail at a discounted price, sounds like a real no-brainer!
National Margarita Day 2014 Deals & Specials Across America
- On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina will be servin' up a heckuva deal in honor of National Margarita Day. Stop by for a Frozen or On the Rocks Margarita with Gold Tequila for $1 all day long on Feb. 22, 2014! You can also get a Frozen or Rocks House Margarita infused with Coronita, for $5. Prices may vary based on locations - please call ahead.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise Bar & Grill will be servin' up frozen and on the rocks Margaritas for just $2.22 each all day long on Feb. 22, 2014. Sweet!
- Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurants will be celebrating National Margarita Day in a great big way again this year. Besides Margarita specials all day long, there will be contests, Margarita Flights and a National Margarita Day Toast at 5:00 p.m. Learn how to make Margaritas during the complimentary Margarita Mixology Class from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. and be sure to pick up your diploma once you complete the course!
- According to the folks at El Torito, participating El Torito's will be offering $2 shots of Tequila and $2 House Margaritas. And just in case you are hungry, check out their delicious .50 cent Wings, $1.50 Tacos and $5 Steak Burritos.
- Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen will be servin' up drink and food deals all day long on Feb. 22, 2014. Special deals include $4 House Margaritas, $4 House Wine and all appetizers will be $4.
- Stop by Los Toros from 5 - 7:00 p.m. on Feb. 22, 2014 for great food and drink. Enjoy their "authentic" Mexican cuisine, famous bean dip and fabulous Margaritas.
- The Wagon Wheel Pub located in Cleveland, will also be celebrating the occasion on Feb. 22 from 6 - 10:00 p.m. Besides live music by Pat Shepard, there will be $3 Margarita Specials, a tasty Taco Bar and much more.
- Distrito will be offering drink specials and half-price El Jimador Margaritas for a few hours on Feb. 22, 2014. Be sure to grab a bite to eat while you're there! And if you are looking for the ultimate margarita, check out their $50 Herradura Double Barrel Reposado Margarita, served in a special glass.
- El Gran Malo will be offering $5 House Margaritas all day and all night on Feb. 22, 2014. Plus, you'll get Mix and Match Margarita Flights for $15.
- In honor of National Margarita Day, all Adobe Gila locations will be launching its new "Perfect Maestro Dobel Margarita," available in a special take home souvenir shaker, for just $9.95. And if you are really thirsty, check out their famous 64-ounce Mug-O-Rita or their 45-ouce Cervesa-Rita available in a variety of refreshing flavors. Live entertainment will also be part of the event starting at 10:00 p.m.
- According to an email, the Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa's The Salted Lime, will also be celebrating National Margarita Day on 2/22 with $2.22 Margaritas from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. There will be a live Mariachi band from 6 to 8:00 p.m. Be sure to check out the Margarita bar, which includes a breathtaking chandelier made from what else - Cazadores tequila bottles (see slideshow)! And speaking of Cazadores, the Cazadores team will be on hand featuring delish tastings and giveaways.
- Fiesta de Reyes will be celebrating with Half-off House Margaritas all day at Casa de Reyes and Barra Barra Saloon! Two per person and excludes pitchers.
- Once again, the Red O will be celebrating National Margarita Day in a big way for two weeks! Beginning on Sunday Feb. 16 through March 1, guests will receive a flight of not one, but three signature Margaritas, which includes a 6-ounce Topolo Margarita, Alacran Margarita and an Organic Skinny Margarita for $15.
- Cocina 214 will be hosting a "Margarita Madness" drink contest from 6:30 - 8:30 featuring recipes from the public in honor of the holiday. The top three contenders will be judged by a few local celebs. Stop by for free samples of the finalists Margaritas.
- Bellwether guests will enjoy a special Margarita created by Bellwether mixologist Amy Grant. The Grapefruit Jalapeno Margarita will be available for $14 each.
And just in case you can't make it to one of the celebrations listed above, why not whip up your own one-of-a-kind Margarita in honor of the holiday? Check out these 25 Amazing Margarita Recipes.
Feb. 22, 2014, is Open That Bottle Night! Cheers! As always, please drink responsibly!