If an ice-cold cocktail sounds pretty good to you right about now, get ready to raise your glass, America! A very special day of the year is hours away and Americans are ready to celebrate! Bye bye, winter blues - Feb. 22 is National Margarita Day! This annual beverage holiday celebrates one of America's most popular drinks - the Margarita!
Easy to make and delicious to drink, tequila is the star of this refreshing cocktail. Add a bit of Cointreau or Triple Sec, some fresh lime juice and a salt-rimmed glass, and you've got yourself the perfect Margarita!
How much do folks enjoy margaritas? Margaritas are the "most popular drink" in the entire world, according to the fine folks from National Margarita Day. A survey conducted by Milagro Tequila also found some more interesting results:
- 91 percent of respondents prefer fresh Margaritas over the pre-packaged mix.
- Nearly 2/3 of people prefer their Margaritas served with salt on the glass rim
- Half of those surveyed prefer frozen Margaritas
- Most prefer original flavored Margarita rather than fancy fruity flavored variety.
Whether you prefer yours on the rocks or frozen, today is the perfect day to kick back and relax with an ice-cold Margarita! Many establishments around the country will be servin' up fantastic drink deals in honor of National Margarita Day. But just in case you can't make it to one of the events, why not whip up one or two of the Margarita recipes listed below?
The Milagro Freshest Margarita
- 2 parts Milagro Silver Tequila
- ¾ part Agave Nectar
- 1 part Fresh Lime Juice
Pour ingredients into a Boston Shaker along with some ice. Shake vigorously and strain over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a lime wheel. Voila!
More Margarita Recipes
- Classic Margarita – This classic cocktail calls for tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice and salt.
- Mojitarita – This refreshing recipe calls for tequila, fresh lime juice, fresh mint leaves, agave nectar, soda water and limes.
- Margarita Granita – You’ll need fresh lemon and lime juice, sugar, orange liqueur, told tequila and grated lime rind for this beverage.
- Rhubarb Margarita – Rhubarb lovers will love this pretty in pink cocktail. You’ll need simple syrup, rhubarb stalks, white tequila, Grand Marnier, basil or mint leaves and ice.
- Cadillac Margarita – You’ll need orange liqueur, lime juice and Reposado tequila for this one.
- Creamsicle Margarita – If you love creamsicles, you’ll love this drink that calls for Margarita mix, orange juice, tequila, vanilla ice cream and ice.
- Watermelon Jelly Shots – These jelly shots are almost too cute to consume!
- Cadillac Margarita Jell-O Shot – Perfect for parties, these Jell-o shots call for fresh limes, lemons and oranges, limeade, tequila, Cointreau, plain Knox gelatin and lemon, lime and orange Jell-O.
- Cranberry Margarita - This pretty drink, perfect for holidays, calls for fresh or thawed cranberries, fresh lime juice, sugar, tequila, orange liqueur and cranberry juice.
- Redneck Margarita - Instead of tequila, this one calls for Jack Daniel's Tennessee whiskey.
- Chocolate Margarita - 'Nuff said!
And for even more fabulous Margarita recipes, check out 25 Amazing Margarita Cocktails. And as always, please drink responsibly.