Whether you are searching for a great read, specific book for an in-depth research project, audio or video or historical documents from long ago, librarians provide an invaluable service.
While all librarians don't wear thick, dark-rimmed glasses, wear their dark hair in a tightly wound bun and walk around the library telling everyone to be quiet, the role of the stereotypical librarian has changed over the years due in part to the advances in technology. Although search engines are wonderful tools, they usually are a bit lacking in the personal service department!
Quotes & Sayings About Librarians and Libraries
- When you absolutely positively have to know, ask a librarian! ~ American Library Association
- Librarians are tour-guides for all of knowledge. ~ Patrick Ness
- The most important asset of any library goes home at night - the library staff. ~ Timothy Healy
- Libraries are the bedrock of our society. ~ Yvonne S. Thornton
- Libraries are where it all begins. ~ Rita Dove
- Without libraries what have we? We have no past ad no future. ~ Ray Bradbury
- An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them. ~ Stephen Fry
- Libraries are not made, they grow. ~ Augustine Birrell
- A library is a house of hope. It's a place where we all, whatever our situation, can feed our ideas and develop our dreams. ~ Doug Wilhelm
- When I got my library card, that's when my life began. ~ Rita Mae Brow
- When I was a child, the public library was the safest, most welcoming, most intriguing place in my world. As an adult, I find it still is. ~ E.E. Kennedy
- When the going gets tough, the tough get a librarian. ~ Joan Bauer
- A library book, I imagine, is a happy book. ~ Cornelia Funke
- Libraries are our friend. ~ Neil Gaiman
- A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
Why not visit your local library today and check out a book or two in honor of the occasion? Just be sure to thank the fine folks who are there to assist you.