Whether you are one, work for one or have had one or two over your lifetime, today celebrates those hard-working men and women who employ us. Get ready to get your hug on - it's National Hug Your Boss Day This annual “holiday,” created in 2008 by Tip Top Job. This year’s event takes place on Sept, 4, 2015.
Whether you get along great with your boss or just tolerate him or her, the working relationship between employer and employee can impact work productivity and morale either positively or negatively. According to a Tip Top Job survey, 71 percent of Americans surveyed “love their boss” and nearly 90 percent of those surveyed said that they are more productive in the office if they like their boss. But then there are the other folks on the opposite end of the spectrum. 24 percent of bosses make their employees feel devalued and want to quit and 14 percent of bosses stress us out and give us headaches!
While you may cringe at the thought of hugging your boss today, why not have a heart-to-heart with yourself and re-evaluate your working relationship? Since we spend so much of our lives in a workplace, a good working relationship makes our jobs more enjoyable.
Bad Bosses You Love to Hate
- Michael J. Scott – "The Office"
- Tony Soprano - "The Sopranos"
- Jack Donaghy – "30 Rock"
- Franklin Hart, Jr. – "Nine to Five"
- Margaret Tate - "The Proposal"
- Darth Vader – "Star Wars"
- Miranda Priestly – "The Devil Wears Prada"
- Buddy Ackerman –"Swimming with Sharks"
- J. Edgar Hoover – FBI director
- Anna Wintour - Editor-in-Chief Vogue (and possible inspiration for "The Devil Wears Prada")
- Donald Trump
- Simon Cowell
- Naomi Campbell
- Leona Helmsley – The Queen of Mean
- Gordon Ramsay