Once considered a delicacy, hot cross buns are typically made with delicious dried fruits and fragrant spices. The top of the buns are marked with a cross which symbolizes the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and are typically eaten during the Easter holiday.
In honor of this delicious holiday, why not whip up one or two of the hot cross bun recipes listed below?
Hot Cross Bun Recipes
- Hot Cross Buns - Fair warning - this recipe from The Pioneer Woman, looks amazing and currently has over 240 comments.
- Hot Cross Buns - This recipe, from Gourmet, calls for milk, active dry yeast, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, allspice, cinnamon, eggs, unsalted butter, raisins, currants, orange and lemon zest.
- Cream Fluff Hot Cross Buns - Bet you've never had buns like this before!
- Martha's Hot Cross Buns - Martha Stewart shares this tasty homemade recipe.
- Pull-Apart Hot Cross Buns - This recipe calls for active dry yeast, all-purpose flour, white sugar, milk, butter, ground cardamom, confectioners' sugar, eggs, golden raisins, dried cherries and almond extract.
- Hot Cross Buns - This recipe, from Levain Baker, calls for fresh yeast, milk, honey, unsalted butter, eggs, high-gluten flour, dark and golden raisins and kosher salt.
- Hot Cross Buns and Roasted Strawberries - This 5-star recipe looks and sounds delish!
- Bread Machine Hot Cross Spice Buns - You'll need a bread machine for this yummy recipe.