If your taste buds are screaming for a delicious sweet treat to warm you up on a cold winter's night, go grab your mug. Jan. 31 is National Hot Chocolate Day!
This annual "holiday" celebrates the warm and creamy beverage we love to drink. While the terms hot chocolate and hot cocoa are often used interchangeably, hot chocolate is comfort in a cup no matter what you call it! In honor of National Hot Chocolate Day, why not whip up one or two of the sinfully delicious recipes listed below?
Sinfully Delicious Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Delicious Hot Chocolate - Besides a basic recipe, the Pioneer Woman also includes several fabulous variations - Orange Hot Chocolate, Raspberry Hot Chocolate, Mint Hot Chocolate and Mexican Hot Chocolate. And if the Pioneer Woman says they are good, that's all we need to know!
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Recipe - Fair warning - this recipe looks amazing!
- Creamy Hot Cocoa - You'll need milk, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, water and half-and-half for this recipe.
- Starbuck's Hot Chocolate Recipe - Check out this copy-cat recipe that includes unsweetened cocoa powder, granulated sugar, milk, vanilla, water and whipped cream.
- White Hot Chocolate - You'll need half-and-half, vanilla extract, heavy cream, white chocolate chips and a mint leaf for this 5-star recipe.
- Perfectly Chocolate Hot Cocoa Recipe - This recipe, from Hershey's, calls for vanilla extract, milk, hot water, cocoa, sugar and mini marshmallows or sweetened whipped cream.
- French Vanilla Hot Chocolate - You'll need French Vanilla Creamer, milk, Hershey's cocoa special dark, sugar, French Vanilla syrup and whipped cream or marshmallows.
- Nutella Hot Chocolate - If you love Nutella, check out this recipe!
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate - This recipe calls for cream, whole milk, sugar, vanilla, cocoa, semi-sweet chocolate chips, marshmallows, candy canes and Andes Peppermint Baking Chips.
- Frozen Hot Chocolate - How about some ice cold hot chocolate? This 5-star recipe calls for high-quality chocolate, hot chocolate mix, sugar, milk, whipped cream, chocolate shavings and ice.
- Alcoholic Hot Chocolate - Now we're talking!
- Boozy Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate - Talk about decadent! This recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, Kahlua or Bourbon, white chocolate chips, milk, whipped cream and caramel.