This month, January, is National Hobby Month and is the perfect time to sit back and reflect on those activities you enjoy doing as a hobby. There are many different types of hobbies you can enjoy, including bird watching, model car collecting, knitting and photography just to name a few.
No matter what you hobby is, chances are you have to pick up supplies to help you fulfill your hobby needs. You may need a specialty shop to purchase materials and equipment for your hobby, but many hobby stores carry the essentials for some of the more popular and often unique hobbies. Most hobby shops sell recreational modeling and craft supplies for various building-related hobbies, such as train collecting, model cars and doll houses. But many do not limit themselves to the supplies they carry and offer local hobbyists.
Here is a list of the local hobby stores located within the Vero Beach, Florida area:
- AA Beads, Stained Glass & More: 772.581.0515 - 8802 US Highway 1 in Sebastian
- Berggren’s Hobby Shop: 772.562.6466 - 1130 20th Place in Vero Beach
- Grand Prix Hobbies: 772.473.2130 - 474 Waters Drive in Fort Pierce
- JG Adventures Corporation: 772.569.9694 - 1826 18th Avenue SW in Vero Beach
- Miami Trains: 772.770.1823 - 9035 Americana Road #18 in Vero Beach
- Riverside Hobbies: 772.581.4778 - 250 Sebastian Blvd. #7 in Sebastian
- Train House: 772.466.5250 - 5308 Orange Avenue in Fort Pierce
If you do not already have a hobby, sit down and make plans to start one by the end of the month. You will find it is a great way to take your mind off of things and a way to network with a new group of friends.
For more travel information, including destinations, reviews, tips, etc. Like my Facebook page - Vero Beach Travel Examiner - or follow me on Twitter @WDWTravelExam. You can also be the first to see new Examiner.com articles by subscribing to my Vero Beach Travel Examiner site using the button near the top of the page.