Celebrate National Garlic Day on April 19th with this cheesy garlic bread spread adapted from Food.com. Once you make a batch, it will store in the refrigerator for approximately two months – use it when you make bread for pasta dinners, as a spread for grilled cheese sandwiches or other paninis and sandwiches, or as a spread on pizza crusts.
Cheesy Garlic Bread Spread (adapted from Food.com):
· 6 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
· 1-1/2 cups grated romano cheese
· 1-1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
· 1 Tblsp. black pepper
· 1 cup minced garlic
· 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tsps. lemon juice
Mix the above ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Keep refrigerated in containers with tight-fitting lids.
To make garlic bread: place sliced bread on cookie and spread garlic spread onto bread. Toast, bake, or broil until cheese is bubbly and nicely browned.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com