Of course there is a National dog week! Without our dogs who would give us unconditional love each and every day?
Back in 1928, William Lewis Judy, a dog enthusiast Founded National Dog Week. It is a week to celebrate our Military dogs and the ever lasting loyal companionship of dogs across the nation!
My soul dog, "Toy"- 14 years old
What will you do to celebrate National Dog week?
My dogs have always given me unconditional love. I can't imagine a life without them. Each with their own personality, I cherish each day they are with me and my family. There have been many and I know there are more to come. I won't live this life without having one. So this week I am going to really, really focus on them. Not that I don't already do that, but you have to admit, we all get busy, we all mean to have time right? Some days it's just not as good as others. So I am committing this entire week to my dogs! How about you?
Here are a few things that I am going to do this week in celebration of the joy that all three of my beautiful dogs bring to me:
Big Gentle "Reagan"- 9 years old
- Lots of hugs and kisses throughout the day! Make sure they each know how special they are!
- Be very conscientious of the time I spend with each of them! Some individual attention is always great!
- Give them one healthy treat daily. I need to watch their waist lines!
- Take them for a fun walk! Weather permitting :) They love to get outside and explore! Remember....... LEASH Laws! Never let your dog "off leash!"
- Take notice of every square inch of my dogs from Snout-to-Tail, noticing any abnormalities, lumps, bumps, scrapes, cuts. Two of my dogs are senior Pet-izens so this is very important to me as there are many things changing!
- Brush their hair coats, I already do this each day, but this week it will be more of a massage for them!
- Trim long toenails! Yuk, I hate this, but it's a MUST!
- Check their teeth! Dental disease can be a killer! Note to self: "Save up some extra cash for dental procedures!"
- Attempt to brush teeth! Yep, I know, good luck........
- Give lots of snuggle time!
I absolutely cannot imagine my life without my dogs! How about you? How do you celebrate being a dog owner? I'd love to hear!
Thank you for being a responsible pet owner!