- If you love chocolate, and if you love mint, then today is your day. The US National Confectioners Association has declared Feb. 19 to be Chocolate Mint Day.
- Chocolate and mint make a good marriage.
- Chocolate mint, also known as mint chocolate, is a popular variety of flavored chocolate made by adding a mint flavoring such as peppermint, spearmint, or crème de menthe to plain chocolate.
Mint chocolate can be found in a wide variety of edible products.
- To celebrate Chocolate Mint Day, you have lots of choices:
- mint chocolate mints right out the box
- mint chocolate cake
- Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies
- grasshopper martinis
- mint chocolate soap
- mint chocolate lip balm
- Andes after-dinner mints
- mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- chocolate mint herb (edible leaves of spearmint)
- a candy cane in a steaming cup of hot cocoa
In addition chocolate mint is marketed in a non-edible form as a beauty product.
Depending widely on the ingredients and the process used, mint chocolate can give off a very distinctive mint fragrance. The chocolate component can be milk chocolate, regular dark chocolate, or white chocolate; due to this, mint chocolate has no one specific flavor and so, each chocolate-plus-flavor combination can be unique.
Enjoy a chocolate mint in some form today!