When it comes to holidays, March 14 has a little something for everyone! Not only is it Genius Day, National Potato Chip Day and Pi Day, it is also a fun day for kids. March 14 is National Children's Craft Day, an annual "holiday" that takes place during National Craft Month which is observed each March.
Crafting for Kids
With winter finally behind us and spring just days away, why not gather up the kids and work on a crafty project together? Create that one-of-a-kind masterpiece, make long-lasting memories while spending quality time with your children.
Whether you work on a tried-and-true craft or try your "hand" at a brand new one, crafting at any age is just plain fun! And speaking of fun, why not try one or two of the spring craft projects listed below?
Spring Craft Projects for Kids
- Tissue Cherry Blossom Tree - This pretty tree, from Martha Stewart, is just plain adorable!
- Teeny Tiny Garden - So, how does your garden grow?
- Eggshell Flower Pots - What a great way to encourage gardening! You'll need eggshells, egg carton, coffee stirrer tags, soil and plant seeds for this fun project.
- Watercolor Coffee Filter Flowers - You'll need coffee filters, food coloring, paper towels, pipe cleaner and a vase for these pretty flowers.
- Bee Bouquet - This "bee-utiful" project calls for construction paper, pipe cleaners, yellow paper, pom-poms, googly eyes and a stapler.
- Flowerpot Pen Holder - This colorful craft will make a great gift for teacher or friend. You'll need green paint, paintbrush, green florist tape, tissue paper, rubber gloves, large plastic bowl, stirrer, hot glue gun and glue and a small, unglazed flower pot.
- Paper Plate Flower Craft - You'll need a paper plate, colorful construction paper, scissors and glue for this craft project.
- Craftstick Flowers - You'll need Popsicle sticks and glue for these crafty flowers.
- Flower String Decoration - Perfect for parties, this floral decoration will spruce up any event.
- Lotus Lantern - This pretty paper craft, from Canon, is a lantern that can hang from the door or ceiling.
- Easter Egg Holders - These little holders will have the Easter Bunny hopping for joy!
- Easter Bunny Mask - This adorable printable mask is perfect for the season! You'll need heavy paper or card stock, tape, scissors, ruler, cutting mat, hole punch and an elastic band.
- Caterpillar Shoes - You'll need construction paper, crayons or markers, glue sticks and scissors for this project from Sesame Street.
- The Weather Outside Is... - After this wacky winter, a weather calendar would sure come in handy!
- Easy Window Cling Craft - You've seen 'em in stores so why not make your own? You'll need liquid food coloring, liquid dish detergent, paint brush, white craft glue and a clear plastic sheet protector.
As always - please monitor young children when using craft materials and scissors.