Raise your glass for National Chardonnay Day.
According to Wine.com, “Chardonnay is the number one selling varietal in the US.” In addition to being enjoyed on its own, Chardonnay plays a key role in sparkling wines, such as champagne.
Over 400,000 acres of Chardonnay grapes are planted worldwide. Of that number roughly 25 percent, or 100,000 acres, are planted in California. Eighty percent of California’s Chardonnay comes the Wente clone produced by the Wente Vineyards in Livermore Valley, Central California.
National Chardonnay Day is celebrated on May 23 each year. But you can celebrate early with “California’s First Family of Chardonnay,” Wente Vineyards. Wente Vineyards celebrates National Chardonnay Day on May 22.
Here are 6 ways you can join in the festivities:
1) Host your own Chardonnay Day party!
You can download an official party kit here.
2) Buy a National Chardonnay Day Tasting Kit at the Estate Winery & Tasting Room or the Vineyard Tasting room.
You’ll receive a choice of three Wente Vineyards Chardonnays, a printed party kit and official Chardonnay Day stickers.
3) Join the live toast on May 22 at 6 p.m. PDT
4) Attend a Chardonnay Reception with the Wente Family from 5:30-7:30 p.m. PDT.
You will sample four Chardonnays and enjoy appetizers. The Chardonnay Reception will be held at the Cresta Blanca Event Center, 5050 Arroyo Road, Livermore Valley. Tickets are $35 for Club Wente members and $45 for the general public. You can purchase tickets here.
5) Indulge in a special prix fixe menu dinner paired with Wente Vineyards Chardonnnays at The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards on May 22.
Cost is $75. You will receive a 30 percent discount if you attend the Chardonnay Reception. special prix fixe menu
6) Enjoy Chardonnay tasting flights samples for the rest of the month at The Estate Winery & Tasting Room, The Vineyard Tasting Room, and The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards (ends on May 24).
For more travel tips and travel insights, click here to subscribe to the San Diego Travel Insights Examiner or like the San Diego Travel Insights Facebook page.
Want more information or would like to see certain travel topics covered? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.