See also:

National Catholic Reporter gives bully pulpit to attack Catholic Chaplains

Mad dog baby killers? I think not.
Mad dog baby killers? I think not.

Comments

• A.A. Cunningham 5 years ago

"May Servant of God Father Vincent Capodanno, Lt. USN Chaplain Corps, Congressional(sic) Medal of Honor,"

The Medal of Honor is presented by the President in the name of Congress. The word "Congressional" appears nowhere in the citation.

• Kevin Whiteman 5 years ago

And that has exactly what to do with the attack on the Chaplaincy and Abp Broglio?

The reverse side of my great grandfather's medal of honor civil war medal reads "The Congress, to".

If all Christian would leave the military or abandon defending their country the only ones left would be mercenaries or people of dubious moral character.

M+ I served 20+ years as an Army Airborne Catholic Chaplain. In Nam I offered 8-10 Masses just on Sunday; 23 during Christmas week and had 50 troops under instruction. I held Catholic and Protestant troops in my armys as they were dying and gave absolution to both-the Protestant Chaplain asked me to do this.
    On more than one occasion, a Protestant Chaplain said "If you guys go, we're finished." I could tell you many stories of "divine intervention." By the way, four Catholic Chaplains received the Medal of Honor!

Does anyone actually read the NCR anymore...I mean read it in order to get information and not simply to poke fun at them? The NCR is a rag printed by a group of dissidents and mental midgets trying to preach the progressive political gospel. This article was truly shameless! Military chaplains are priests who risk their lives to minister to those who are keeping us free. Yes, military men and women are those willing to lay down their lives to give McCarty his 1st Amendment right to spout his willful ignorance and hatred in the National Catholic Fishwrap. When, oh, when, will this 1960's hippy-dippy nonsense end?

To all the chaplains out there, active and retired, we love you and pray for you, and my family also supports the Military diocese financially. God bless you for your love of Church, country and our men and women in uniform who desperately need you. Thank you for your courage. Thank you for being there for three generations of my family. You truly are the best of the best!