The National Capital Golf Tour's 2014 schedule has been set and the membership drive is under way.
The tour’s Steve Karam says there will be no membership fee increase happening this year and two event sites are to be confirmed.
The annual Terry Firman Memorial tournament gets the season rolling at Cloverdale Links on May 4.
And the yearly Red vs. Black Ryder Cup showdown is slated for June 29. The one-day fun for all is played on all four nine-hole courses at The Meadows Golf Course.
And, of course, there is the annual three-day, four-round road trip in late August.
The tour closes out the season with the dramatic two-man scramble event in October.
From low handicappers to high handicappers alike, all men and women recreational golfers are welcome.
Here’s the schedule for 2014:
- May 04 - Season Opener - Terry Firman Memorial - Cloverdale Links
- May 18 - Pakenham Highlands
- June 01 - Spring Major @ Outaouais Golf Course
- June 15 – Father’s Day Event @ Talon at Greyhawk GC
- June 29 - Annual Ryder Cup @ The Meadows (UN-OFFICIAL EVENT)
- July 13 - Equinelle Golf Course
- July 20 - Stuggy Invitational (UN-OFFICIAL EVENT)
- July 27 - Renfrew Golf Course
- Aug. 10 - Eagle Creek GC (tentative)
- Aug. 17 - Greensmere Legacy
- Aug. 22-23-24 - Road Trip (UN-OFFICIAL EVENT)
- Sept. 7 - Fall Major @ Golf Montebello
- Sept. 21 - Season Closer @ The Meadows
- Oct. 5 - Two-Man Scramble @ The Meadows (UN-OFFICIAL EVENT)
To register as a new or past member, visit http://www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com/AboutTheTour/NCGTMembershipForm.aspx.
(To stay in the swing groove this off-season, check out the accompanying video.)