The National Capital Golf Tour has nearly finalized its schedule of events and is accepting player renewals and registrations for the 2013 season.
“This will be our 12th year of hosting tournaments for the average golfer who plays in competitive events elsewhere with little chance of winning something,” said Steve Karam, the tour’s president. “Players on our tour have a legitimate shot at winning prizes because we use handicaps. This makes it fair for all levels - we have players with handicaps as low as three and four and others as high as 30-plus - to compete against each other.”
Organizers have created a fun and competitive tour for men and women, while adding an element of excitement to the weekend rounds.
“Our main goals are, and always have been to provide an incentive for competitors to play their best, have a great time while meeting new friends, as well as give those players who enjoy a little wager on their game a chance to compete in tournament settings,” said Karam.
Here’s the schedule for 2013:
- May 05 - Season Opener, Terry Firman Memorial at Cloverdale Links
- May 19 - Pakenham Highlands
- June 02 - Spring Major at Golf Montebello
- June 16 - Father’s Day Event, Location TBA
- June 23 - Red vs. Black Ryder Cup at The Meadows (Unofficial Event)
- July 07 - Equinelle Golf Course
- July 21 - Stuggy Invitational (Unofficial Event)
- July 28 - Renfrew Golf Course
- Aug. 11 - Location TBA
- Aug. 18 - Greensmere Legacy
- Aug. 23,24,25 - Road Trip (Unofficial Event)
- Sept. 8 - Fall Major at Outaouais Golf Club
- Sept. 22 - Season Closer at The Meadows
- Oct. 6 - Two-Man Scramble at The Meadows (Unofficial Event)
Player registrations and renewals for are being accepted on the tour’s website at www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com.