Find a list of funny quotes below that you can use to celebrate your boss on Wednesday. Just make sure your employer has a sense of humor so you don't lose your job.
If the big cheese doesn't have a funny bone, play it safe and pick a more complimentary quote, like a quote from famous bosses like Bill Gates or Lee Iacocca.
Need a last minute e-card for the boss? JibJab.com is a fun site with electronic greetings that allow you to add your photos to some funny e-cards. However, these cards might get you fired. Sending an electronic greetings to your boss titled, "My Boss is a Douchebag" or "Certificate to Sleep with the Boss" may have you standing in the unemployment line on Monday.
National Boss's Day Quotes and Sayings
If you think your boss is kind, fair or just needs a pat on the back, put one of these quotes in a card, text or send it out on Twitter on Wednesday.
- The first myth of management is that it exists. The second myth of management is that success equals skills. - Robert Heller
- Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people. - Despair.com
- Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties - Doug Larson
- Key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate you away from those who are still undecided. - Casey Stengal
- If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn't have job if he was any smarter. - Albert A Grant
- In the past a leader was a boss. Today's leaders must be partners with their people... they no longer can lead solely based on positional power. - Ken Blanchard
- A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could. - Charles Erwin Wilson
- By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day. - Robert Frost
- The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it. ~Theodore Roosevelt
- Being a boss anywhere is lonely. Being a female boss in a world of mostly men is especially so. - Allison Gomme
- I've always found that the speed of the boss is the speed of the team. - Lee Iacocca
- I've never wanted to be the boss. - Harrison Ford
- If I can bring joy into the world, if I can get people to stop thinking about their pain for a moment, or the fact the tomorrow morning they're going to get up and tell their boss off... then I'll be successful. - Bobby McFerrin (continued below)
- If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn't have a job if he was any smarter. - John Gotti
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure. - Bill Gates
- Because you've done so much for the company, there's not much left we can use. - Despair.com
- If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings. ~Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"
- In Downing Street they called me 'Boss'. Civil servants would always call me 'Prime Minister'. - Tony Blair
Boss's Day is celebrated every year on October 16 in the United States and Canada. Patricia Bays Haroski, who was a secretary for State Farm Insurance Company in the late 50s, is credited with registering "National Boss' Day" with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in 1958.
She chose October 16, which was her father's birthday, as a day to honor bosses "for being kind and fair throughout the year."