Have you heard the big buzz? According to a Bradenton Herald report published on April 6, one of the best "holidays" of the entire year is almost here and people across the nation are ready to celebrate! Get ready to raise your glass, America. While April 6 is New Beer's Eve, April 7 is National Beer Day. Oh "hoppy" day!
While Justin Smith created the annual holiday in 2009, National Beer Day actually commemorates an important event in American history. It's hard to believe that back in the day, it was illegal to consume alcohol. But after a long dry spell, the Cullen-Harrison Act allowed the brewing, sale and consumption of 3.2 percent beer and wine in the United States.
Whether you consider yourself a connoisseur, weekend warrior or just enjoy a good beer every now-and-then, nothing quite hits the spot like an ice-cold brew. And once again, many pubs, bars and restaurants across the country will be participating in National Beer Day with a variety of special deals and events in honor of the occasion.
National Beer Day 2014 Celebrations & Events
- Cheeseburger in Paradise locations will be servin' up domestic drafts for just 99 cents a piece on April 7, 2014. Bud Light, Coors Light, Paradise Beach Ale, Bud and other selections will be on tap.
- The Idle Hands Bar will also be servin' up specials in honor of the occasion. On Sunday, new Beer's Eve, get craft pints for $5 and on National Beer Day, get craft pints for just $4 from 5:00 until close.
- City Tap House will also be celebrating by offering a selection of beer from $6 - $10, rye whiskeys from $9 - $16. If you're hungry, be sure to check out their menu, too.
- Senator Jeff Woodburn will be attending the Schilling Beer Company's open house tour from 5 - 6:00 p.m on April 7, 2014.
- Justice Urban Tavern will be giving away complimentary pint glasses when you purchase a Barrister Burger and craft beer.
- The Beer Me Brew Fest will take place a day early on Sunday, April 6, 2014. Stop by for live music, commemorative sampling glass, food trucks, photo booths and more. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door for four wonderful hours of tasty sampling. Party on! All proceeds will support Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte.
- How does a beer dinner sound to you right about now? Stop by the Filini Bar and Restaurant in Chicago for the Sam Adams Beer Dinner event from 6 - 8:00 p.m. on April 7, 2014. Enjoy a delicious, five-course meal paired with five different beers for $45 per person. But you better hurry - space is limited and reservations are required.
- How about raising a glass or two for a great cause? If you are in the Windy City, Jerry's Sandwiches, located at 5419 N. Clark Street, will be holding its Pints for Pets fundraiser to help Famous Fido's Pet Rescue, an organization that has placed more than 700 pets in loving homes. A portion of all food and drink sales will help Famous Fido's cause for paws. Besides great beer and delish food, you can also get your picture taken with your favorite four-legged friend for $30 out on the back patio. Please stop by and help an animal in need from 5 - 10:00 p.m on April 7, 2014.