See also:

Natalie Portman, James Franco named best smiles by cosmetic dentists

Natalie Portman was named best smile among 2011 Academy Award nominees by cosmetic dentists
John Shearer/Getty Images for Vanity Fair

Comments

• Profile picture of Virginia Kahler-Anderson
    Virginia Kahler-Anderson 4 years ago

Well, all the people in your slide-show do have a beautiful smile, but, let's face it, it helps to have the money and position to smile about. :)

San Jose Food Examiner
    San Jose Home Fitness Examiner

• Profile picture of Beverly Mucha
    Beverly Mucha 4 years ago

I agree with Virginia, good dental hygiene is also a big help. Thanks for sharing the smiles.

• Profile picture of Amy Rabinovitz
    Amy Rabinovitz 4 years ago

Yep I'm with you both Virginia and Beverly - dental hygiene is good - good genes are better - and money really helps. And there is one of the winners that I disagree - I mean, Christian Bale? Among the top 6? Really?

• Profile picture of Virginia Kahler-Anderson
    Virginia Kahler-Anderson 4 years ago

I'm with you, Amy, Christian Bale? Don't get me wrong. I like him, as an actor and in looks. But he does not have a "best smile." Ooh, aren't we harsh. Lol!

• Profile picture of Amy Rabinovitz
    Amy Rabinovitz 4 years ago

Virginia - LOL - I'm with you on Bales talent and looks, but the smile? Well, maybe I just couldn't find a good picture that did that smile justice because I don't see it as being among the very best celebrity smiles. Yooo hoooo - Christian, please send me a cuter picture of your teeth. On the other hand I was delighted to see Annette Bening, who I agree has a charming smile and as you probably know, graduated from SF State and got her acting start at ACT in SF.

• Fairchild 4 years ago

I don't agree with the dentists - sorry - I do think that Natalie Portman has a great smile - but Colin Frith? Not so much.

• Profile picture of Pat Anthony
    Pat Anthony 4 years ago

This is so funny-anyone with the cash can have these beautiful smiles.

• Profile picture of Nancy Zielinski
    Nancy Zielinski 4 years ago

Enjoyed your article Amy. I agree with Pat though. Anyone with money can afford to buy great looking teeth, although good dental care will keep them healthy looking at least.

Nancy Z-Grand Rapids Public Health Examiner and Sexual Health Examiner

• Profile picture of Heidi Cox
    Heidi Cox 4 years ago

Fun article! Some people overdo it but clean, straight teeth are important and make difference in your attractiveness. Gum disease is linked to overall health so it is not all about looking good too. I'm glad we finally know this-it has taken many years to make the link it seems.

Heidi Cox, DC Women's Health Examiner

• Profile picture of Amy Rabinovitz
    Amy Rabinovitz 4 years ago

I'm really enjoying the points people make about the importance of good dental care/health AND the reminder that sometimes a good smile is the product of money spent - not care taken. Thanks!

• Profile picture of Rhonda Cratty
    Rhonda Cratty 4 years ago

Beautiful smiles also keep healthy hearts...we all need the floss.