The NASCAR Talladega fan death is making headline news this morning after a man and his wife were found unresponsive inside their mobile home on Saturday afternoon. Friends of the couple found them and called for help. The woman was revived, but the man was dead on the scene, according to Sports World News on Oct. 21.
Deputy Coroner Larry Seals reports today that the Talladega death at the Superspeedway was most likely caused by carbon monoxide poisoning in the motor home. The couple was most likely using the gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the generators exhaust system, Seals reports.
That problem with the exhaust system caused the buildup of carbon monoxide killing the man and sending his wife to the hospital Seal conveys.
There is no news on the woman’s condition today. This is not the first time a fan has died camping out at the Talladega Superspeedway this year. A man from Georgia accidentally drowned at a creek near the track.