A NASCAR Talladega fan death occurred when a man was found dead Saturday afternoon at his motor home parked at Talladega Superspeedway. His wife was at the scene found unresponsive. According to Bleacher Report Oct. 21, citing a report by Kelsey Stein of AL.com, a carbon monoxide leak from a gas stove was responsible for the fan's death
The couple from Tennessee were found on Saturday at about 1 p.m., per Talladega County Coroner Larry Seals said the NASCAR Talladega fan his wife were found around 1 p.m. When authorities arrived at the scene, the man was dead. His wife was transferred to a hospital in Birmingham, Ala.
A faulty exhaust system is a gas stove is believed to have turn what was suppose to be a fun event at Talladega's Sunday's Sprint Cup race into a fatality for the Tennessee couple. They set up camp for Sunday's race at the speedway, which is a common thing for NASCAR fans to do.
The Associated Press reports that this NASCAR Talladega fan death isn't the first one caused by carbon monoxide poisoning at the track. The report added that there are 15,000 camping spaces at Talladega Speedway and that camping policies have not changed.