A NASCAR Talladega fan death occurred over the weekend. On October 21, the Epoch Times, reported that a NASCAR fan was camping out at this weekend's race. Authorities say that carbon monoxide was the likely culprit in his untimely death. Authorities say that the exhaust from a gas heater was the problem. The generator’s exhaust system had a problem which could have also caused the toxic fumes.
The Tennessee man and his wife were both found unresponsive inside their motor home when their friends found them. The man was dead when paramedics arrived but his wife was still alive. She was rushed to a nearby hospital. Her condition is unknown.
The NASCAR Talladega fan death isn't the first. It does seem like every time there is a race, something happens and at least one fan gets seriously injured or dies. Since so many people attend races throughout the year, things can happen at any time to any one. It does seem that each race has some kind of news story of this nature that follows.
According to the Epoch Times, this man was the second to die while camping out during a race. Another man died back in May when he drowned in a nearby creek. Sadly these types of tragedies can't always be prevented.
The NASCAR Talladega fan death has made news across the country today. It's so sad when things like this happen, especially when people are out enjoying life.
© Effie Orfanides 2013