A NASCAR Talladega fan's death has been attributed to a carbon monoxide leak. The fan's death was discovered Saturday afternoon, when the Tennessee man was found unresponsive in his motor home. Sporting News shared the details on Oct. 21.
Deputy Coroner Larry Seals has shared that the NASCAR Talladega fan's death came after the man had been camping during the Sprint Cup taking place at the Talladega Superspeedway this past weekend. The man and his wife were found in their motor home, unresponsive. While the man has died, the woman is in the hospital. Their identities have not yet been released.
This is not the first time a racing fan has died while camping near the Talladega track. A Georgia man died in may after an accidental drowning near the track, and there have been other carbon monoxide deaths in prior years. Authorities believe in this case the couple may have been using a gas stove to stay warm, and the generator's exhaust system wasn't working properly, causing a leak and eventually the NASCAR Talladega fan's death.