“Silly season” in NASCAR is nothing new, but it seems to get more and more complicated each year, with drivers announcing their intentions well before the previous season is over. Here’s a look at some of the major moves in NASCAR’s Sprint cup Series for the 2014 season.
· Stewart-Haas Racing – Ryan Newman is out, Kevin Harvick (No. 4) and Kurt Busch (No. 41) are in.
· Richard Childress Racing – Harvick and Jeff Burton are out, Newman (No. 31) and Austin Dillon (No. 3) are in.
· Furniture Row Racing – Busch is out, Martin Truex Jr. (No. 78) is in.
· Michael Waltrip Racing – Truex Jr. and Mark Martin are out; Brian Vickers (No. 55) is in, as are Michael Waltrip, Burton and Joe Nemechek, splitting the No. 66 ride.
· Chip Ganassi Racing – Juan Pablo Montoya is out (and back to IndyCar), rookie Kyle Larson (No. 42) is in.
· BK Racing – Travis Kvapil and David Reutimann are out; rookies Ryan Truex (No. 83) and Alex Bowman (No. 23) are in, as is Morgan Shepherd (No. 93) in a part-time ride.
· Tommy Baldwin Racing – Dave Blaney and JJ Yeley are out, Reed Sorenson (No. 36) and rookie Michael Annett (No. 7) are in.
· JTG Daugherty Racing – Bobby Labonte is out, AJ Allmendinger (No. 47) is in.
Find the entry list for the season-opening Daytona 500 here.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com