This year will be the 3rd annual Napa Valley Film Festival that is November 13th-17th in Napa, Yountville, St. Helena, and Calistoga. The festival has over 100 new independent films and studio sneak previews screening in 12 venues throughout the 4 towns paired with the finest foods and wines from all over the wine country. Out of all the fall festivals in the bay area this is the one to attend especially if your into films, food and wine (who isn't?).
Per the press release "Cadillac will also provide an Escalade for Movies on the Move, a mobile screening venue that will travel to selected locations throughout the Napa Valley November 15-17. The Cadillac Escalade will feature completed films from the Sony 4K Film Challenge, a three-day filmmaking competition in which six teams battle to make a five-minute film to win a bag of equipment provided by Sony Electronics."
I am mostly interested in the Sony Lounge like a true geek. I will be hanging out in there checking out the 4K Ultra HD TV, consumer 4KHandycam Camcorder, Action Cam POV video camera, VAIO notebook computers, Xperia smartphones and tablets, and Blu-rayDisc players. I will make sure to take allot of pictures and tweet (@nrcpena) as much as possible.
If your interested in attending the Napa Valley Film Festival you can purchase tickets here. If your not lowly media/ press like myself depending on the type of ticket you will get the opportunity to check out the below during the five days (again depending on your ticket/day).
- 95+ new Independent films, studio sneak previews and special screenings
- 250+ filmmakers and industry guests
- 100+ boutique wineries pouring all weekend
- 12 Screening venues throughout Napa Valley
- Panel discussions with actors, directors, writers and producers; plus culinary demonstrations & panels with noted local chefs
- Festival Gala at 500 First
- Tribute and Awards programs
- VIP Receptions, private dinners, Wrap Party and more!
Enjoy the Napa Valley Film Festival and if you see me come say HI!