“First of all, it’s called the ‘Affordable Care Act,’" Pelosi said after a reporter asked about GOP efforts to tweak the law.
Just a couple years ago, the Times noted, Democrats were happy to call the massive law "Obamacare," citing an August 2012 New York Times report.
But things have changed since Americans have become even less enamored with the law and the problems that surfaced after it was first rolled out.
Instead of dealing with the problems in the law, Democrats have decided to simply call it by its proper name.
Even if it were called the "Ham and Cheese Sandwich Act," it would still contain the same provisions that, for example, could see government bureaucrats in the homes of some expecting children, and it would still require all Americans to purchase a government-approved healthcare plan or face a penalty.
As a result of the law, millions have seen their current plans canceled despite repeated promises made by Barack Obama and the Democrats.
The "if you like your insurance plan" promise was so badly broken so many times it became Politifact's "Lie of the Year" for 2013.
Many more have found their premiums significantly increased, along with their deductibles and out-of-pocket costs, again, despite promises made by Obama and the Democrats.
Others have found their personal information stolen and some are still having problems with the site.
The Baltimore Sun recently reported that Marylanders trying to use the site have been directed to navigators in other states.
KGW reported in early December that some in Washington were being debited multiple times in the same month.
On top of all this is the very real possibility that some navigators handling private information could be convicted felons.
The problems have gotten so out of hand that over 37,000 have committed to participate in a Facebook event called "I will not comply." The event, which runs through Mar. 31, asks attendees to not enroll in Obamacare, or whatever Nancy Pelosi chooses to call it.
Nevertheless, Democrats like Washington's Jim McDermott, say they intend to proudly run on Obamacare in 2014.
- Obamacare cheerleader learns she can't afford health insurance for her and son
- GOP Rep. Gowdy: Nancy Pelosi 'mind-numbingly stupid,' recommends doctor visit
- Obama's health care plan promise named Politifact's 2013 'Lie of the Year'
- Michael Moore admits: Obamacare 'awful,' calls for state-run health care
- Facebook event encourages Americans to disobey Obamacare enrollment rules
- Charlie Rangel: Obamacare 'most exciting thing' that's happened in U.S. history
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Michele Bachmann: Obamacare 'crown jewel of socialism'
- John Conyers: Obamacare "platform" to socialized health care
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Boeing to cut back on health care thanks to Obamacare
- Five most memorable Democratic House quotes of 2010
- Architect of Obamacare to release comic book explaining law
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.