According to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Republicans are purposefully sabotaging the implementation of the massive healthcare law known as Obamacare, the Washington Examiner reported Wednesday.
According to Pelosi, the offices of some GOP lawmakers "are not giving information to constituents for how they can avail themselves" of the new program.
She also claimed Republicans are withholding the information "to undermine the Affordable Care Act."
But Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, disputed Pelosi's claim.
“The problems with Healthcare.gov, the associated 1-800 phone number, and the ‘chat’ function on the website are well-documented, and are entirely due to the train-wreck of the president’s law itself," he said.
Democrats met privately to discuss the program Wednesday, but Pelosi said no one suggested delaying implementation of the program despite the many glitches in the software.
The California Democrat praised her state's exchange and said it was full speed ahead regardless of the problems that plague the current system.
"In California, we are moving along in a very positive way," she said. "I think we should fix what we have and move forward with the deadline that we have."
In fact, Pelosi said despite their frustrations, Democrats are thrilled with the program.
“But that is not to diminish the thrill that we have about the Affordable Care Act, and member after member emphasized the fact that good things were happening,” she told Politico.
A spokesman for Boehner's office said it was unclear why Republicans were excluded from the meeting.
“It’s not clear why Republicans were excluded in the first place, but we look forward to getting answers to how the administration botched this enormous use of taxpayer dollars so badly,” the spokesman said.
- Liberals blame Koch brothers, Tea Party conspiracy for Obamacare site failure
- Juan Williams blames GOP for Obamacare software failures (Video)
- Dem. Rep. John Conyers: Massive Obamacare law a 'very small and modest bill'
- John Conyers: Obamacare "platform" to socialized health care
- Nancy Pelosi: Obamacare about the freedom to choose happiness
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Architect of Obamacare to release comic book explaining law
- Sebelius: Obamacare to favor gays over straight people
- Most native Americans pay no deductibles or copays with Obamacare
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Orrin Hatch unpatriotic for not worshiping Obama, calling Obamacare a ‘bill’
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.