A few naked bathers had to flee a fire for their lives in east China this week, as the Daily Mail reported this Thursday, March 21, that bathhouse bathers were unable to even get dressed before evacuating a sudden blaze that injured six and killed one.
With the headline reading, “Naked bathers flee fire as fire rips through building in China”, the Daily Mail noted yesterday that stunned bathers were forced to suddenly escape from a bathhouse in the Leqing, Zhejiang province this week when explosive flames erupted through the building.
Many of the bathers had no time to grab their belongings or clothes before evacuating, running out into the night in the nude. The fire reportedly began in a nearby apartment before catching flame in the bathhouse as well, soon setting the entire block on fire.
“One minute I was soaking in the tub, the next I could smell smoke and hear screams,’ said one man. “There was no time to get my clothes. I just ran for my life.”
Although the cause of the inferno that led to the naked bathers flee fire headline, a local official recently confirmed it was a gas leak that led to the blaze.
“A gas pipe fractured in an apartment kitchen that then exploded. The fire spread rapidly, and we’re lucky more people didn’t die.”
Six bathhouse customers were injured from the fiery explosion, while one person died in the blaze, concluded the report. The Inquisitr added that it was a struggle to get the flames under control; only after three neighboring houses had been consumed were fire fighters able to contain the inferno.
For the most recent top news stories, please feel welcome to follow Ryan on Twitter or check out his Facebook community page, Top News Examiner. Thank you.