Food is meant to be nourishing as well as tasty and comforting. And, what better comfort foods are there than nachos, bacon and cheeseburgers? Putting all three of these favorites together in a simple dish that is easy to prepare will put most taste buds over the edge. Bake up this little delight and everyone will be asking for seconds.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1small onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup of crumbled bacon
- 3 cups of tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350’.
- Use cooking spray to prepare a glass baking casserole dish.
- Brown together the beef, onion and garlic salt over a medium to high heat in a large frying pan until the beef is cooked thoroughly.
- Drain any excess fat off into a small container.
- Now add into the frying pan the cream cheese and bacon on simmer until the cheese has melted and is stirred into the browned meat nicely.
- Remove the pan from the stove.
- In the prepared baking dish line the bottom with half of the partly crushed tortilla chips.
- Top the tortilla chips with half of the beef mixture.
- Repeat with the tortilla chips and then the beef again.
- Top the whole casserole with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and has starts to bubble.
- Remove pan from oven and serve immediately.
- Serve this nacho casserole and spoon some out on individual plates as a side to what’s on the menu for dinner.
- Scoop some out over a bun or sandwich roll and create an unusually tasty and crunchy sandwich.
- Shred some lettuce and top it with the bacon, cheeseburger mixture for a delicious lunch.
- Add some olives, diced tomatoes or peppers on top for an added burst of flavor.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream to give the dish a little coolness and extra creamy taste.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved