Sang Ho Kim, a 63-year-old contractor, has been identified by police as the man who fired shots in a N.Y. mall shooting that left one person dead and another injured early on Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013. The Inquisitr reports that police have conducted a search of the buildings around East Garden City's Roosevelt Field Mall, but the man could not be located.
Sang Ho Kim is said to have fled in a white Honda Pilot with tag number FMA 3648.
Kim has been said to be a "disgruntled contractor" and should also be considered "armed and dangerous." He fired shots into an office building near the mall, killing one employee and critically injuring his boss.
"At this point and time we believe that this suspect is armed and very dangerous," Nassau County Police Chief of Department Steven Skrynecki told reporters. "Right now we are involved in a very massive hunt for this individual."
Reports from police states that Kim appeared to be targeting hsi business associates over a "bad business deal." Apparently there was some "disgruntlement" between Kim and the company that he attacked in the N.Y. mall shooting.
Earlier on Wednesday, Hofstra University, Nassau County Community College, and other schools were on lockdown due to the situation. They are no longer in that state, but no-one is allowed to enter the mall.
"We're very confident he's not in this immediate area now," police said.