Four days after he was reported missing, a North Carolina kidnapping victim was rescued from an apartment late Wednesday night in southeast Atlanta.
So far, federal investigators have not said who kidnapped the 63-year-old man and why. It's also unclear if any arrests have been made.
Mr. Frank Arthur Janssen disappeared from his home in Wake Forest, NC on Saturday, according to the FBI.
At first, officials thought they were dealing with a missing person case until the investigation revealed he had been taken against his will, FBI spokeswoman Ms. Shelley Lynch said in a news release.
Police from Atlanta, Alpharetta and Cobb County as well as agents from the GBI helped track Mr. Janssen to the Forest Cove Apartments on New Town Circle, according to media report.
They were able to rescue Mr. Janssen shortly before midnight, Ms. Lynch said.
Mr. Janssen’s family has been notified of his rescue and they are looking forward to being reunited with their loved one, she said.
Though the 63-year-old man worked as a government contractor on missile defense and had high-level security clearance, his job was not believed to have been a factor in his kidnapping, according to Channel 2 Action News.
The FBI is planning to hold a conference at 11 a.m. Thursday in Wake Forest to discuss the kidnapping, Ms. Lynch said.
Receive daily news stories and stay current by clicking on the subscribe button at the top of the article and get automatic updates via email each time a new article is published. You may also get quick updates on articles as well as read more local news stories at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlanta-Public-Safety-Examiner/19583707047.