Summary: Josh Altman kindly helps an elderly family friend sell her home for no commission, Josh Flagg walks away from his seller, and Madison has a client who wants to be sold the bachelor lifestyle.
Last season, I covered “Million Dollar Listing” while regularly chatting with cast member Chad Rogers about the show. This season, Chad is not a cast member. Sad face. So I go into this season skeptically, a bit stupefied that I won’t be seeing the originator of the Justin Bieber bowl cut and his Starliecakes. Nevertheless, real estate porn and Josh Flagg turn me on, so I’ll catch the show and give my two cents:
- The season has gotten off to a slow start. The homes are gorgeous and the clients are crazy, but where’s the drama? Who would have thought that a man-child and his dog would drive so much of a story?
- Wait, I just realized 66.7% of the main characters this season are named Josh. How do we distinguish them? They both have dogs. They both dress really well. They both eat challah. But yet, they feel so different. Any suggestions on how to separately reference them?
- Josh Altman’s mom is cute – so is Edith Flagg. All the matriarchal figures are so darn cute on this show.
- Madison: “The market in Malibu has been a little bitch.” And his client is too. Who asks for the seller’s car in a sale?
- One of the intrinsic values of “Million Dollar Listing” is actually learning while watching seemingly junk TV: Today, we learned about “pocket listings,” the restrictions that real estate assistants have in talking business, and that “business isn’t just about commissions; it’s about relationships.” Aw.
So what do you think about this season? Are you missing Chad? Will you keep watching? "Million Dollar Listing" airs Thursdays at 9/8 CST on Bravo.