A great tip is an awesome thing. Feels like you've been let in on a secret.
When it comes to exercise, little tips and tricks can be all that's needed to take you to the next level.
So, next time you're at the gym, use the following fitness tips to get the most out of your exercise routine.
1. Schedule your exercise, like you would any important appointment. You’re less likely to skip. This is your time, not anyone else's.
2. Measure your improvement from the person YOU see in the mirror, not some model in a glossy fitness magazine.
3. When doing upper body exercises do A. If standing, stand on one foot. B.. If lying down, close both your eyes. This will improve your sense of your body in space and your balance.
4. When exercising the upper body, lift weights with one arm at a time. You'll work your core and correct strength imbalances.
5. Any exercise involving your grip "strangle the handle". Creates more muscular tension and stability in your shoulders. Yeah, you'll get a better handle on things too.
6. What’s your worst exercise? Do that today. Mine are step ups. You'll burn more calories because your body is inefficient at this movement.
7. When doing any exercise with your hands or elbows on the ground "push then into the floor". You'll engage more muscle in your shoulders and back and put your spine in better position.
8. Switch it up. The body loves variety. If you do cardio last, do it first. Weights last? Do this first.
9. Close your eyes when you do any exercise. Any exercise. Feel the movement and the muscles your working. Tune out all distractions.
10. The more tension you create when you exercise, the stronger you are. Stronger = better For example, squeeze the muscles of your behind or contract your abdominals like your about to get punched.
A bonus tip.....................
11. When you’re not feeling it, start with your favorite exercise. Maybe, just maybe you'll complete your best workout ever. .
Next time you're feeling bored, stale and lacking motivation incorporate these tips. Your body will be glad you did.