I love experimenting with different ways to make my Hot Chocolate better each time and have come up with a delicious recipe that you might like to try on these cold winter mornings. One thing about my recipes, I love the quick and easy method to make something like this and also to be able to make small quantities only when needed.
Take two coffee cups, or more depending on the number of individuals partaking of this treat, out of the cabinet. Ensure all of them are about the same size.
- Using one of the cups, transfer milk to a small sauce pan for the number of cups you are making. Although I use Skim Milk as my personal favorite, other degrees of milk work just as well.
- Heat the liquid so it is warm.
- Add one package of instant hot chocolate mix per cup of milk to the saucepan (hence the easy part).
- Add a good dash of cinnamon and a good dash of nutmeg.
- A drop of honey or a hardy cinnamon stick is also not a bad ingredient for the very adventurous.
- Stir frequently while continue to heat the mixture until it is hot but not uncomfortably so.
- For kicks, add a few drops of rich chocolate chips and melt only part way.
- Pour back into the cups gently to ensure all the slightly melted chocolate chips are equally disbursed (this will avoid bloodshed among the recipients of the brew!).
- While the liquid is still hot, use canned whipped cream on top with perhaps a drizzle of Hersey’s Chocolate Syrup once or trip across the top of the cream.
This delightful concoction is warm and delicious for any social gathering of good friends or just for yourself if you are getting ready to settle down with a good book.
Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available at no cost. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above. Thank you!