It’s almost spring, soon the weather will be getting warmer and our outfits lighter, so prepare those mini skirts, shorts, tank tops and why not crop tops, because they’ll be the main characters in our daily wear.
Don’t be shy and show off a little belly with high waisted skirts and pants; this season, the crop tops are the trend, evolving from casual by day and ultra chic at night.
The key is not to bare it all, take in mind that if you’re already showing off some skin on top, you should most definitely cover up the legs; take for example Balmain’s runway look with a white crop top and black trousers, Maison Martin Margiela did the same in an all black hue. And Jill Stuart projected a more elegant alternative pairing up a high-collared lace bustier top with a knee-length pencil skirt.
Celebs like Diane Kruger, Leighton Meester and Rihanna are opting for crop tops in fancy galas and red carpet events; why not try those ourselves too for a change?
It may be hard to imagine a formalwear attire that includes a crop top, but there are a lot of excellent proposals for you to try; go for the trend and be innovative on those events; get inspired by fashion shows that promoted this fashion movement like Timo Weiland, Rochas, Badgley Mischa and Alexander Wang, to name a few.
WHERE TO BUY:
- ASOS Crop Top with Thick Straps: $14.03
- Blaque Market Pleather Crop Top in Pinkberry: $19.99
- ASOS 90's Rollneck Crop Top with Long Sleeve: $21.05
- Tropical Stripe Zip Crop Top: $29.95
- Gorgeous Printing Crop Top with Chest Pad: $52.00
- Free People Vintage Ruffled Eyelet Crop Top: $148.00
- Petal to the Metal Crop Top: $150.00
- Anna Kosturova Carefree Crochet Crop Top at Free People: $160.00
- T by Alexander Wang Bralette ink: $180.00
- Bud cropped cutout stretch top: $490.50